Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old May 1, 2012, 03:44 AM   #51
itsshekhar
macrumors newbie

Unable to Pair Dreamgear DGPS3-3854 with Mac 10.7.3 - 2.66 GHZ Intel Core 5 Processor

Hi,

Unable to Pair Dreamgear DGPS3-3854 with Mac 10.7.3 - 2.66 GHZ Intel Core 5 Processor.

It came up to a point it detected the device as Wireless and it also automatically is added into favorite list but it doesn't stay connected. Is there any way that this can be connected wireless or at least via USB cable to make it work with the Mac.

Also this Gamepad is provided with a Bluetooth dongle which has a connect button. I tried even that and it was of no help. Also there is a reset button at the back of this game pad which i did try resetting and still no joy.
Please help..
itsshekhar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 11:56 PM   #52
JDorrian
macrumors newbie

Lol if someone made a service that did this for 20$ no BS they would be rich!!!!
JDorrian is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 03:05 PM   #53
vanilla1608
macrumors newbie

Hi new to this so bare with me.

Ive managed to connect my ps3 controller to my macbook pro. It works in the sense i can move round game menus and move my character round in the game swell but when using the square x or other buttons nothing happens!

My question is would gamepad companion solve this problem and if it doesn't what would??
vanilla1608 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:48 AM   #54
Crazy Badger
macrumors 6502

I've just had several attempts at this, including one where I decided to switch off bluetooth not thinking that it would kill my keyboard/mouse/trackpad
A few moments of panic wondering whether it would restart with bluetooth back on so I could actually login!

Follow this video and you'll be fine > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEii...eature=related

Nothing to do with me, so sorry about the music
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:09 PM   #55
Sull
macrumors newbie

Not yet working

Still trying to follow Mark427's instructions. My pairing drops out, but probably because I am still being asked for the pairing passcode and as some people have noted in the thread they cannot enter a passcode because their keyboard will not allow entry. When you try and enter a passcode with the keyboard it just beeps and ignores the entry attempts. Cannot enter via the PS3 controller either. Some have said they entered 0000 or xxxx. How did you do this? Did your keyboard work?
Sull is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:13 AM   #56
actripxl
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to actripxl Send a message via MSN to actripxl Send a message via Yahoo to actripxl
Just paired my PS3 controller using the old way, connecting with cable, press ps, disconnect, press ps. I do have mountain lion installed.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:13 PM   #57
Macaderp
macrumors newbie

Getting desperate

At this point I've got my PS3 controller Connected and configured. It's been set as a favorite and the services have been updated. (not that it showed any changes) Also I'm not being prompted anymore for a pairing password. I've achieved this state a couple of time's through the multiple steps described on this forum, and sometimes right on the bat, without following any steps. (I call these the lucky attempts)

Allthough they're not that lucky, as every time I've tried and gotten to this state of connection my mac simply does not respond to the controller.
Which means Gamepad companion gives me "no gamepads found" and bombsquad (a PS3 controller enabled game) doesn't at all respond to it.
I've heard that getting paired shouldnt be worried about.. starting to doubt that statement now.

At this point I've ran out of things to try. Does anyone have any advise that might help me out?

Ty.

(I'm running the newest OS software.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 18.16.35.png
Views:	71
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	354117  
Macaderp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 01:18 PM   #58
Allan Keith
macrumors newbie

PS3 Controller Issue Still

I just bought a Mac Book Pro. I can't get the PS3 conttroller to be recognized by Bluetooth in the drop down menu. I have followed your directions and also multiple videos on YouTube and vendor websites. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much for your help. Allan

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by actripxl View Post
Just paired my PS3 controller using the old way, connecting with cable, press ps, disconnect, press ps. I do have mountain lion installed.
Yes, I am jealous (and frustrated).
Allan Keith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:11 PM   #59
bobright
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Keith View Post
I just bought a Mac Book Pro. I can't get the PS3 conttroller to be recognized by Bluetooth in the drop down menu. I have followed your directions and also multiple videos on YouTube and vendor websites. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much for your help. Allan

----------

Yes, I am jealous (and frustrated).
Any ideas, you get it working?

It is seriously pissing me off. On windows to get the PS3 controller working its so easy. I've tried numerous guides/YouTube walk troughs and nothing.
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:15 PM   #60
Allan Keith
macrumors newbie

The problem was the USB cable. I bought a low cost generic cable that split to support 2 controllers and the Mac never recognized it as being connected. I bought a standard PS3 USB cable and it recognized the controller immediately and works great!
Allan Keith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:19 AM   #61
anotherjoey
macrumors member

Does anyone have a wireless mouse AND the PS3 controller connected at the same time? It seems that the Ps3 controller works on my Mac Mini when there's no mouse connected. Can they be on the same bluetooth channel possibly? Since i don't want a corded mouse, I really hope there's a way to solve this!
anotherjoey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:45 PM   #62
jeeyung76
macrumors newbie

PS3 COntroller with 10.8 - Won't work on iMac

I have tried all of the posts and videos I could find for getting the dualshock sixaxis ps3 controller to work with pcsx. Unfortunately, the imac will not let me turn off bluetooth after the "Update Services" step on an imac since all the devices (keyboard and mouse) that control the computer are bluetooth. Any workaround? PLEASE AND THANKS!
jeeyung76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 08:51 PM   #63
learningmore
macrumors newbie

GENERIC PS3 Controller detected as Keyboard

I think those who cannot pair have a GENERIC PS3 controller. The back of my controller says:
Model: CECHZC2U
WIRELESS CONTROLLER
BLUETOOTH DUAL SHOCH III

I've successfully paired with real PS3 Controllers from Sony on my MacBook Pro 2011, running Mountain Lion 10.8.3.

I never receive an option to choose what the bluetooth pairing code should be.

I think my computer is recognizing it as a keyboard, and thus I am getting this screen below. Obviously, the controller cannot type the code and it never pairs.

Here is proof the company is using a bluetooth keyboard chipset:

Last edited by learningmore; May 9, 2013 at 03:13 AM.
learningmore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:19 PM   #64
Mavloniy
macrumors newbie

Question PS3 Daalshock 3 SixAxis can not connect

Hi there,
I have bought a brand new ps3 controller (CECHZC2E) and wanted to connect it to my MacbookPro 15" 10.7.5. I have done research before connecting my ps3 controller to mac. I have done almost everything but it does not help.
1. I have go through youtube tutorials but it is still not working ( i am able to connect it via bluetooth (it did not ask me code) but after 30 sec my ps3 controller shut downs, no red lights and bluetooth prefers says it is disconnected.
2. i have downloaded driver for ps3 but it does not solve the problem
3. I have reset ps3 controller with paperclip ( under/near L2 button) still the same issue
4. I have tried gamepad controller but are not able to connect with it as well,it detects my joystick but after 30 seconds no red lights again no connection
5 I have tried Joystick Mapper no help again
6. I have check my controller in windows with MotioninJoy it worked on windows.
7. I have reset my ps3 again and tried to connect with mac bluetooth and it asked 8 digits code number and it sees no my ps3 as keyboard.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Honestly, I am stuck with no clue and i hope you guys can guide me in order to fix it.

Thanks in advance
Mavloniy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2013, 12:18 PM   #65
MagnusVonMagnum
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMacUser2012 View Post
just bought a ps3 controller so i could wirelessly play some platformers like LIMBO on my late 2011 27" iMac and i'm having the same problem. I do what everyone says should work: plug the controller in via USB, press the playstation center button, unplug, press the button again... and i'm prompted for a passcode. I try 0000 and it connects briefly but DOES NOT PAIR! after a few seconds it drops the connection.

wtf! nothing on this POS mac works like it's supposed to. if i still had the box i'd return it.
Sadly, Limbo won't work with a PS3 controller even if you do get it paired correctly (wired or wireless). My PS3 controller works great here either way with Mavericks (I just press the Playstation button in the center and it automatically connects), but not with certain games like Limbo that couldn't be bothered to add support for more than one whole joystick in the entire world (in this case the wired-only version of the Xbox 360 controller). NO other joysticks work with it period and it doesn't' sound like the authors have the slightest intent of adding any more. I'm sorry I bought the game at this point. I guess I can buy Joystick Mapper for $5 to do what game developers can't be bothered to do. There's also USB Overdrive, but I'm not paying $20 to remap keys to a joystick for a couple of poorly made games, especially when they charge for upgrades too.
Old May 4, 2014, 03:48 AM   #66
Leonzo
macrumors newbie

PS3 Controller CECHZC2E A1

Hi I had the same problem where I brought a brand new ps3 controller to work with my mac.

Short answer: You need to buy a PS3 recharge cable

Long answer: I brought the new ps3 controller and managed to connect with a usb cable and to which I thought was recharging due to the flashing lights. No luck with bluetooth so I brought a cheap second hand one and that worked fine (which I assume charged fine with my generic usb to mini usb cable). I tried changing the bluetooth preferences I found in another post on another website, still no luck. I took the controller back to the shop and had a chat with them. They agreed to test my old one with no luck (with later did we find out a generic usb cable). They replaced the one I brought with a new one, and again I asked for them to recharge it in the store. Again no luck then we had the epiphany of trying with a ps3 cable. That did the trick.

P.s. I have to still recharge the controller on my laptop with my new cable I brought.
Leonzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion