Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:21 AM   #1
ljrkrispes
macrumors member

How do I get my backed up pictures back on iPhone 4?

So....My phone bricked while I was in Yellowstone National Park, with a bunch on not-backed-up to the computer pictures. When I got back and went to see the Genius, he had me back up my data and set up the iPhone as a new device (he found a software glitch). When I downloaded everything anew, I neglected to tell the iPhone to keep all the synchronized pictures and they are not in the phone. I have gone through my backup and pulled out all the pictures, but they do not seem to be in a picture format--they will import into iPhoto, but not sync with my iPhone. They have a long string of numbers and letters as their file identifier. I can't even get a screen shot that works..Help!
ljrkrispes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:34 PM   #2
miles01110
macrumors 604

You have not provided much helpful information. When you look at the files in the Finder, do they have an extension? You might have to append the .jpg (or whatever) extension onto all the file names in order to get the iPhone to recognize them.

Use something like NameChanger (google it) to do extensions en masse.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Make a backup, restore from one that had the pictures, import the pictures, then restore from the newest backup you made and re-import the pics.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone