Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:08 AM   #1
The Valeyard
macrumors member

What glue is used to stick the glass to the LCD plate (iTouch 4G)

I ordered a screen off eBay without the LCD backing plate as there's nothing wrong with that (I cracked the screen). However, I need a glue to stick my replacement glass screen onto my working LCD plate (the reflective thing).

What do I need to use?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 02:56 PM   #2
donlab
macrumors regular

fused

double sided tape

Last edited by donlab; Aug 4, 2011 at 08:05 AM.
donlab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 03:52 PM   #3
jonrando
macrumors 6502a

You ordered a screen off eBay? L O L.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 06:18 PM   #4
The Valeyard
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donlab View Post
copy pasta from ifixit

Hi, I repair iphones, ipods, and many other devices for a living. I literally have a box stacked full of the broken lcd/digi's that we have repaired. We have tried many solutions and suggestions to separate them. Heat gun, oven, ect. It CAN be done, but the chances of you succeeding are very slim. The biggest problem is that your applying alot of heat to the LCD, and if you are to succeed in separating them the life span/integrity of the LCD is greatly shortened during the process.

Not to discourage you but thought id give my input. The LCD and Digitizer are fused together during the manufacturing process, the best method i have found is a heat gun and a low setting. It takes a lot of patience as they will not quickly separate. I start in a corner of the LCD with the thinnest blade you can find. Good luck, hope this helps.

-Nick C,
Uh, well, you obviously didnt read my post. I have already separated them. What glue do I need to stick the glass replacement onto the original LCD?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:27 AM   #5
Monster.60
macrumors newbie

You use LOCA..liquid optically clear adhesive. Use a fine filament wire to separate glass from LCD after applying heat. A Honton 20-20 is the most commonly used tool in the process.
Monster.60 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch