Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Closed Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:22 AM   #1
simonjs
macrumors newbie

Help, any photo recovery freeware?

Hello, I am now desperate. Just a couple of hours ago I must have made a wrong operation, probably Command plus Delete those precious photos transferred from the camera to my Mac machine. Now they are totally gone. I do not have backup (Time Machine). And have tried 2 programs and both need me to pay about 100 bucks. Can anyone recommend any free photo recovery apps?? I know there is such program called Recuva which works under Win, are there a Mac version with this freeware. Your answer will be appreciated.
simonjs is offline   0
Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:29 AM   #2
xUKHCx
Administrator emeritus

PhotoRec - although not the most user friendly to use, it does work well though.
xUKHCx is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:56 PM   #3
Judith123
macrumors member

Ptack is right. If you lost some data on your device, the first thing is to make sure it cannot be overwritten. Then, try the third Mac photo recovery software.

As far as I know, most Mac photo recovery software has a free trial version. You can use that to scan your lost photo. If it works, you can purchase it to recover. Also, some data recovery software has a free version, but they have limitations to recover. Just several types of photos can be recovered.

If you didn't know which one is perfect, you can search in Google. Good luck!
Judith123 is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store