Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
I regularly use Automator to crop tif series (uncompressed images). In previous versions, the images are cropped to specified dimensions and then saved in the same format. Now, Automator saves files as compressed JPEG images. Apart from being low quality, these no longer open in Photoshop.

Does anyone know how to edit actions in Automator?? I want to be able to change the 'crop images' action to then save the files in the original format.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
As a work around I found the crop images action from OS X 10.6 (version 1.1) and placed it in my 10.7 automator folder, and this works. Strangely crop images.action version 1.2 (lion) is no longer selectable in Automator, despite still residing in the automator folder.

I'd still like to now how to edit an action. The crop images action (v1.2) no longer has a script file in the package contents, whereas v1.1 does.

cmisener4

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Elkhart, Indiana
I had a similar issue with the import audio action and my fix was the same as yours. Go back to 10.6 and get the action when it worked right and replaced it in 10.7. I was also not able to edit the action either.

stalvatero

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2011
As a work around I found the crop images action from OS X 10.6 (version 1.1) and placed it in my 10.7 automator folder, and this works. Strangely crop images.action version 1.2 (lion) is no longer selectable in Automator, despite still residing in the automator folder.

I'd still like to now how to edit an action. The crop images action (v1.2) no longer has a script file in the package contents, whereas v1.1 does.

Same problem.
waiting for a resolution by apple, please can you help me finding v1.1 of crop.action?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.