Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
I just received my Mac Mini 2011 model featuring Intel Core i5 and AMD Radeon HD6630M graphics card and was aiming for a HTPC solution.

Most parts has worked so far, the Apple Magic TrackPad is working great for navigating on the Mac Mini and I will look into solutions like Plex etc later on.

But I have struck one major problem, normally I use QuickTime Player combined with Perian and Flip4Mac for video playback, but this wont work with huge files like MKV files streamed across the network as QuickTime seems to be caching the entire movie before it starts playing, which takes quite a while.. This is where MPlayerX comes in and take over, but with Mac Mini I can't get any audio output from MPlayerX at all?

I tried messing around with the audio settings without any luck, so basicly every application etc.. on my Mac Mini outputs audio to my receiver over HDMI besides MPlayerX, and as I don't like the image quality of VideoLAN (VLC) and it's rather sluggish when streaming MKV's as well I would love to get MPlayerX running with audio, but is this possible?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.