Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Aug 5, 2011, 05:13 PM   #1
tbln
macrumors newbie

safari 5.1 pinch zoom vs command-plus

Hi everyone,

Since upgrading to lion I've noticed that pinch-to-zoom in safari now zooms in differently than it used to before. Previously, pinch zoom would act like command-plus does, increasing the size of the text and attempt to preserve the arrangement of frames as everything as it were on the page. I liked this because it meant I didn't have to scroll sideways to read and mostly meant that font sizes were increased. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to change the default pinch to zoom feature to act like command-plus?

Thanks!
tbln is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Lek
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbln View Post
Hi everyone,

Since upgrading to lion I've noticed that pinch-to-zoom in safari now zooms in differently than it used to before. Previously, pinch zoom would act like command-plus does, increasing the size of the text and attempt to preserve the arrangement of frames as everything as it were on the page. I liked this because it meant I didn't have to scroll sideways to read and mostly meant that font sizes were increased. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to change the default pinch to zoom feature to act like command-plus?

Thanks!
Yes, this is annoying the crap out of me. When you pinch zoom, it doesn't keep everything centered. Anyone figure a way to pinch zoom like snow leopard or before?
Lek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:08 PM   #3
AmbiguousNinja
macrumors regular

Well off the top of my head I can suggest something that should work.
Disable pinch to zoom in trackpad prefs.
Use BetterTouchTool and assign the pinch gestures to cmd+ and cmd- accordingly.
AmbiguousNinja is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion