Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:58 AM   #1
imahawki
macrumors 6502a

Macbook airplay to ATV?

Is this possible? If I pull up a netflix streaming video can I shoot it to my TV from my MBA like I can from my iPad?
imahawki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Dokk
macrumors regular

Not from Netflix. At the moment, I think you can only do what you're asking with videos that are stored in iTunes. You can use third party solutions (like AirFlick) to send other videos that you have saved; but again, I don't think that works with Netflix videos.
Dokk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2011, 03:40 PM   #3
imahawki
macrumors 6502a

Thanks, that would be a cool way to use my laptop to kick off something on the TV since it has better/easier search characteristics on Netflix. Oh well.
imahawki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2011, 03:46 PM   #4
Dokk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahawki View Post
Thanks, that would be a cool way to use my laptop to kick off something on the TV since it has better/easier search characteristics on Netflix. Oh well.
I know it's not the best solution for what you're looking at, but using something like Rowmote on a jailbroken ATV2 can make the search process easier since it introduces a keyboard into your iPhone/iPad remote. Just something to think about.
Dokk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 09:05 AM   #5
DustinT
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokk View Post
I know it's not the best solution for what you're looking at, but using something like Rowmote on a jailbroken ATV2 can make the search process easier since it introduces a keyboard into your iPhone/iPad remote. Just something to think about.
Thats true. But, that is supported using the Apple Remote app also, so no need to jailbreak for this feature. The keyboard on my iPhone 4 makes searching Netflix much easier than the ATV 2 remote.

My townhouse could pass for a well stocked Apple store.
DustinT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 04:00 PM   #6
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahawki View Post
I use a PC to add it to Netflix's Instant Queue and then just select from AT2.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater