Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:34 PM   #1
CardNGold
macrumors newbie

Can I play my purchased movies?

I bought my Atv2 yesterday and the main reason for buying it was to be able to view my movies i bought on iTunes and TV shows. I turned on the homeshare but can only view select tv shows and movies is this an issue with some list I have? I searched the forum but could find this topic TY in advance!

Last edited by CardNGold; Aug 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
CardNGold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:36 PM   #2
frunkis54
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardNGold View Post
I bought my Atv2 yesterday and the main reason for buying it was to be able to view my movies i bought on iTunes and TV shows. I turned on the homeshare but can only view select tv shows not even my entire collection not to mention the fact that my movies aren't even an option. is there a way to watch the movies in my iTunes library or can we only rent movies on the ATV2? I searched the forum but could find this topic TY in advance!
make sure you have homeshare on for the apple tv and the computer you want to get the movies from.
frunkis54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:50 PM   #3
CardNGold
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frunkis54 View Post
make sure you have homeshare on for the apple tv and the computer you want to get the movies from.
Thanx; sorry it was an issue with the fact that I store all my files on an extrn HD and it took me closing my iTunes and restarting again to have the ATV2 refresh and pick them up sorry for the waste of bandwidth
CardNGold is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater