Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 6, 2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Thorn14
macrumors newbie

itunes cannot read the contents of the iPod (Nano 3rd Gen)

Hello, I'm sure this question gets brought up alot but none of the solutions i've seen have helped me out as far as I know.

Recently, I believe its when I upgraded from windows XP to 7, iTunes would give me this error. The first time I was stupid and restored my iPod, losing about 300 songs.

Well I've built up to about 75 and it happened again, although I can restore the songs.

And it happened again, and again, and on the 5th time I was smart enough to back up my iPod.

I dont know whats causing this. Sometimes plugging in my iPod works fine, like if I eject and plug it right back in, its fine, but it just happened the first time today, about 8 or so hours later than when I last plugged it in.

I cant imagine the iPod is dying, because it still plays fine, and I can recover m songs.

I changed the disk drive location from I to M and I'll have to see if that works, but I'm not sure what else I can do.

I'm not paying 30 bucks just to call an apple technician.

Thanks in advance.
Thorn14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod