Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 6, 2011, 05:19 PM   #1
ProCaRiel
macrumors newbie

Connect with MS Exchange Server with security policy

Hi all,

I'm curious to know if the following is possible.

I can use my privately owned iPad to read my company e-mail. in order to do this I first have to register my device on the my company's website. I then configure the iPad with MS exchange information and then I can read my e-mail. This only works if you accept a security policy being set on your mobile device.

Now this. I want to be able to read my company e-mail on my privately owned MACbook (2011 model, Lion). When I try to register the device nothing happens; it isn't being recognized. Nevertheless, I tried configuring the exchange account, but I'm unable to connect and no security policy has or can be set on the macbook
I assume this has something to do with not being able to register the device and consequently setting up the security policy.

So my question is there a way to set this up on a macbook? is there a trick to make echange think that the macbook is a mobile device? or any other solution to read my mail?

My company isn't offering webmail access to its employes, so I don't really have an alternative.

I hope someone can help me out here. TIA.
ProCaRiel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help