Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 6, 2011, 08:51 PM   #1
txr0ckabilly
macrumors 6502

where's the device list in itunes now?

wednesday night i sat down in front of my imac (still running snow leopard). there were 9 available updates. i ran them all and now i'm having a few problems. mail will not connect to my mobileme account and i can't find my appletv 1st gen in the device list in itunes. in fact, i can't find the device list at all.

my atv 2nd gen finds itunes fine but will not stay connected. it will stop halfway through a movie and tell me that i need to turn home sharing on in itunes, even though it is on. to fix it, i have to turn home sharing off and back on again.

because i can't find the device list, i can't input the 5 digit code that my atv is telling me to put in. it seems like a big mess to me. i'm wondering if i should just update to lion and see if it fixes it all. i was kind of waiting 'til the first round of updates came out.

any suggestions? thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:53 AM   #2
DustinT
macrumors 68000

What your describing is pretty unusual. Have you unplugging all the devices (including your network) you've talked about, then waiting a couple of minutes and plugging them back in and trying again? I've found that is an essential early troubleshooting step.

My townhouse could pass for a well stocked Apple store.
DustinT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater