Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I am looking for an app cydia or AppStore that will allow me to print from my iPad/iPhone. My printer is not wireless, does not support AirPrint and does not have it's own email. I want an app that can wake the computer and print...without me touching the computer.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
You Need

PrintNshare form the AppStore, and WePrint ( on your PC or mac) also from the AppStore. WePrint is free, print sabre is about £ 149.00

This will allow any USB printer to work with iPad and iPhone.

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
Save2PDF is the only one which works consistently for me. Sorry, I don't recall the price (iOS App Store). So long as it's running in the background, tapping Print on any webpage (including linked PDF files) will not only permit a save to PDF, but you can also store it in DropBox. I wouldn't be without it now.

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I dont believe you are reading my post. I have printer, it has USB and thats it. I want to hit print on my iphone and have it wake my CLOSED mbp and print via the attached USB printer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.