Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 7, 2011, 03:36 PM   #1
In-Correct
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to In-Correct
Question Is There an "Always Open With" feature to change default applications for 9.2.2 files

I am organizing all my .mp3 files. I usually use Mac OS 9.2.2... and I really don't know why, but .mp3s some of them are listed as "QuickTime Document", others "iTunes Doument", and some of them only say "Document"!! They will all open up in iTunes if I drag them to iTunes, but

isn't there a way on Mac OS 9.2.2 to "Always Open With"? to change the default application? I know that if I load the files with Mac OS X, and select "Always open with iTunes", and then I load them with Mac OS 9.2.2 again, ....they will all say "iTunes Document".

But I really like to know if Mac OS 9.2.2 has an "Always Open With" feature.
In-Correct is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2011, 01:52 AM   #2
In-Correct
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to In-Correct
Lightbulb Another Idea:

iTunes has a "Convert To MP3" setting. (Menu bar>>Advanced >>Convert To Mp3) It converts files to .mp3 , even if they are already "QuickTime Document", "PictureViewer Document" or "Document" .mp3 It completely creates a new .mp3 file in a differen folder and it recognizes it as a "iTunes Document" instead of the others that I have mentioned. I delete the original "not-Itunes-documents" and now what I have is all my .mp3 are recognized by mac os 9.2.2 as "iTunes document"s

still would like to know if there is an "always open with".
In-Correct is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:24 AM   #3
MacSince1990
macrumors 6502a

Are you sure they aren't .Mp4s that are associated with quicktime?

You should be able to change this under file associations... I forget if iTunes 2.0.4 had this (I'm sure it does...) but QuickTime 6.0.3 definitely does in the preferences.... deselect all relevant file associations in the QT Prefs.
MacSince1990 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Tags
9.2.2, always open with, change default, default application, finder