Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 8, 2011, 08:36 AM   #1
cliko
macrumors newbie

Songs won't sync on iPod touch 4G running latest beta

I just updated my iPod touch to the latest beta from beta 2. everything synced over fine except my music. It appears in the music app but all the songs are greyed out. When I start up iTunes, the first time i sync it seems like its syncing my music but on the iPod its doing diddly-squat. All subsequent times i sync i just says 'cancelling sync' then goes through the regular steps of syncing then says cancelling sync at the end again.

In iTunes, before i sync each song in the playlists under my iPod is greyed out with chasing arrows next to them (the arrows don't move) then after it pretends to sync they appear normal until you highlight each song where a little back exclamation mark pops up. The ones are fine in my iTunes library.

I use my iPod touch as my primary device so this is a real bummer, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by cliko; Aug 8, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
cliko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:27 AM   #2
jonrando
macrumors 6502a

Betas are not supposed to be used on your primary device. If you aren't a real dev that payed money to be in the program, wait until the public release is out. If you are a real dev, you should be using the private dev forums.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Tags
ios beta, ipod touch 4g, itunes beta