Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hi everybody, i'm looking for an app which allows airplay video to reproduce native videos (no only quicktime videos, but also avi files and more) from my iPad2 to my AppleTV2. It exists? I only found some apps which support airplay but only for the audio.

With iOS 5 we will be able to do that, via video mirroring, or this will only work with quicktime videos?

Thank you very much!

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Plex allows you to stream video from your computer and then use AirPlay over to an Apple TV but I think that is still in experimental stage so I don't know how well that works as my Apple TV is jail broken with Plex installed so I don't need to do that. Good Player only recently added AirPlay support but only in iPod mode so sound only.

I believe in iOS 5 that AirPlay will be enabled by default for all apps and display mirroring should render that a moot point any way unless apps like Hulu kick up a stink.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Plex allows you to stream video from your computer and then use AirPlay over to an Apple TV but I think that is still in experimental stage so I don't know how well that works as my Apple TV is jail broken with Plex installed so I don't need to do that. Good Player only recently added AirPlay support but only in iPod mode so sound only.

I believe in iOS 5 that AirPlay will be enabled by default for all apps and display mirroring should render that a moot point any way unless apps like Hulu kick up a stink.

Yeah, Plex doesn't works nice for me, specially with large files... I've just discovered Air Video Free, which create a server on my mac with a free software, then it sends the videos to the iPad app, and allows Airplaying it on my Apple TV. I only tried streaming a small cap. (175MB) and works great.

However, i just want an app (a video player like GoodPlayer) which allows video AirPlay, because in Air Video Free you need a mac software and what i want is to download the videos directly on the iPad and watch it on my TV via AirPlay to Apple TV.

Does it exists?? Thank you!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.