Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Hi, thanks to you guys I have finally owned a MBA. I'm very happy with it, I dont even notice the noise from the fan due to my actual fan is really loud :)) (i dun use air-con though).

But I have notice that my fan is always at 4k rpm and above, it is always exhausted..... will it cause any harm to my Air? I dun mind the noise, I dun feel the heat just..... the number is scare me out a little.....

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I think the normal lowest speed is 2K, and the highest speed is 6K or so. 4K seems fine - I assume you are in a warm room?

I wouldn't worry about it.

iphonsteve4ajob

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2011
My fans are at approx 2K most times when idle. Though I've been surfing the internet for an hour with no noticeable uptick in rpms. 4k doesn't sound too high. Just depends what apps you're running.

jackyyeow

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
The OS will have lots of activities during the first few days of usage. Wait at least 2 days and see if things are getting better. No problem on my friend's i7 13" MBA after 2 days of usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.