Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I have a orig. iPad and a iPad2. I have some books on the iPad2 that I want to read on my orig iPad. How do I make them sync and show up on both devices?

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I have a orig. iPad and a iPad2. I have some books on the iPad2 that I want to read on my orig iPad. How do I make them sync and show up on both devices?

In iTunes you choose which books you want to sync. This will only work if both iPads are on the same AppleID.

Davydd

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
Minnesota
Using the same Apple ID is the key. That works as well with Kindle and Nook on the iPad. I access the same books from two iPads and one iPhone.

JimBrown1

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
In iTunes on your PC, click "Edit">"Preferences" then click on the "Store" icon. Now uncheck all the boxes "Music", "Apps", and "Books." That should stop all the apps and music from jumping across devices. Whenever a new version of iTunes is detected it will ask you if you want to automatically download. Be sure to click "No" when you see this message. You may not have noticed it when you downloaded the new version recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.