Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G0meZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
all the hardcases i found so far are plastic...and while they seem to offer fairly good protection against dropping it, they all don't look very trustworthy with regards to pressure on the flat surface - say, you step :eek: / sit :eek: on your bag with the mba in it
i'm looking for something like the tombihn brain cells or the sfbags, booq viper, only sturdier and waterresistant or better even, waterproof? what i don't want is some giant aluminum suitcase or anything that looks worth stealing. best would something that fits into any old backpack.

another thing:
that soft, floppy g-form sleeve? i watched the review by soldierknowsbest, he's torturing an ipad with a hammer and jumping on it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFG76535atY
wtf...is that real?? i find that unbelievable. one thing though that's not tested are the sides and the corners - he's never testing the g-form by letting the ipad fall right onto its corner or getting a sharp kick into its side...
also, does the g-form only protect against sudden impact or also against slower pressure?

Last edited:

nebulos

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2010
i'm interested in hard cases too.

i'm not sure why they are so rare. it seems weird to me that its mostly soft sleeves out there. if i were using a sleeve in a bag with books and other stuff, i would want something hard, so my thin, $1K plus computer wouldn't get squashed and abused.

i guess in a bag, some of the 'rugged' soft sleeves work fine, but still more hard case options would be nice. will watch this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.