Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
I like game controller options on any platform the more the merrier :)

iPhone:
- wiimote
- icontrolpad

android:
- wiimote (for htc devices)
- this 6 axis controller

Any other options?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Mobile gaming = DS, 3DS, PSP, PSV
Mobile time killers = Smart phone games

As others have said, this would be ridiculous for a phone, and only slightly less ridiculous for the iPad.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
where something like that comes into it's own is you connect your phone to your TV and then use the controler to play games, ie the phone becomes a game console (makes even more sense with MHL (HDMI and power through one port) for other phones and the 30pin connector HDMI adapter works the same on the iphone)
it would be great as you could take it to a friends house for a gaming session, like you can do with a movie now

playing with a controler just on the phone (and IMO the ipad) screen is a bit silly IMO, but but it up to a TV and game on.

(on a side note I personally cannot wait untill I can put my phone up to a TV/monitor with a keyboard and mouse and play a FPS (like quake live) the proper way)

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Keep repeating that. ;)

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/13088622/

OTOH I agree the controller is a bit much. Would be ok for an ipad though.

(shrugs) I will. I'm not saying that there aren't entertaining offerings on the iPhone/iPad, but you're looking at the difference between The Hardy Boys and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. If I'm in the Dr.s office, great, I'll see what Frank and Joe are up to. If I actually have time to spend on a game? I'd rather it be something with a little more depth and polish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.