Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:39 AM   #1
18augusts
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
iOS 5 photo album problems

After I restored then updated it to iOS 5, I lost all my photos, which is actually fine with me since there was nothing important and most were backed up anyways.

But now, after I take a picture and go to the albums, all the picture appear as blank squares. But when I click one, the picture will load after a few seconds. Anyone know a fix to this?

EDIT: I have beta 5 by the way for Iphone 4

Last edited by 18augusts; Aug 10, 2011 at 12:55 AM.
18augusts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:17 AM   #2
shandyman
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newbury, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18augusts View Post
After I restored then updated it to iOS 5, I lost all my photos, which is actually fine with me since there was nothing important and most were backed up anyways.

But now, after I take a picture and go to the albums, all the picture appear as blank squares. But when I click one, the picture will load after a few seconds. Anyone know a fix to this?

EDIT: I have beta 5 by the way for Iphone 4
Did you restore it OTA? if so, did you do the 'erase contents and settings' route as advised by Apple?

If so, or if you manually updated by plugging in, then try removing the photos again and then re-sync them.

If you didn't do the erase content and settings, then try a clean install as there was a reason apple advised to do this first.
shandyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:29 AM   #3
18augusts
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyman View Post
Did you restore it OTA? if so, did you do the 'erase contents and settings' route as advised by Apple?

If so, or if you manually updated by plugging in, then try removing the photos again and then re-sync them.

If you didn't do the erase content and settings, then try a clean install as there was a reason apple advised to do this first.
I didn't restore by OTA and I did not 'erase contents and settings'

I really don't have any photos to put in my iphone and I wanted to delete them all anyways. But now, when I tried out the camera and took a picture, then proceed to the album, the thumbnails are all black. But if clicked, they screen changes and goes to the normal bigger picture of the image.
18augusts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:49 AM   #4
shandyman
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newbury, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18augusts View Post
I didn't restore by OTA and I did not 'erase contents and settings'

I really don't have any photos to put in my iphone and I wanted to delete them all anyways. But now, when I tried out the camera and took a picture, then proceed to the album, the thumbnails are all black. But if clicked, they screen changes and goes to the normal bigger picture of the image.
if you updated via iTunes, try restoring again, if that still has same effect, try a fresh install, could be a setting glitch from your update. if still no joy, report the bug to apple.
shandyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:59 AM   #5
18augusts
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyman View Post
if you updated via iTunes, try restoring again, if that still has same effect, try a fresh install, could be a setting glitch from your update. if still no joy, report the bug to apple.
Yup, I updated via iTunes. I restored it again, what do you mean 'fresh install.'
18augusts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:18 AM   #6
shandyman
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newbury, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18augusts View Post
Yup, I updated via iTunes. I restored it again, what do you mean 'fresh install.'
As in set it up as a new device. It's possible your backup is carrying over some bad settings or something.
shandyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:44 PM   #7
col2k8
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I've noticed that I can no longer send pictures from the Photo Library or any of my albums. It comes up with an Application Error. Sending a picture through this app directly via the camera appears to work with no issues.

I've also noticed this is the same via Instagram also.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can't seem to find any information regarding it on any forums elsewhere?
col2k8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:59 PM   #8
bmms8
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by col2k8 View Post
I've noticed that I can no longer send pictures from the Photo Library or any of my albums. It comes up with an Application Error. Sending a picture through this app directly via the camera appears to work with no issues.

I've also noticed this is the same via Instagram also.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can't seem to find any information regarding it on any forums elsewhere?
i also have the same problem. the only solution i found so far was to take a snapshot of the original photo. that seems to fix the problem for me, gl.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro
16 GB iPhone 5s
bmms8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:42 PM   #9
cdavi060
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I have the same issue. I found a solution for this exact problem on iOS4.1 but it proved not to work in iOS 5. Does anyone have a solution besides wiping the phone and starting over?
__________________
MacBook Pro(unibody) 2.4 GHz, 500GB HDD, 4G RAM, Lion, Bootcamp Windows 7
iPhone 4 16GB
iPod Nano 8GB
cdavi060 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS 5 location services Problem Macgeeza iOS 5 and earlier 11 Sep 12, 2013 03:40 AM
iOS 5 Contacts Photo ssdeg7 iOS 5 and earlier 30 Jul 2, 2012 11:32 AM
iPhone 4 iOS 5 Proximity Sensor g00degg iOS 5 and earlier 2 Nov 2, 2011 08:16 PM
Anyone else having click/tap problems in iOS 5? lgtw iPhone 1 Oct 23, 2011 08:43 AM
Resolved: Please help! iOS 5 beta 7 problems! matthew12 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Aug 31, 2011 09:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC