Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:05 AM   #1
the7th1
macrumors newbie

Time Capsule issues with danish YouSee provider

Dear friends! This is propably an issue which only Danish subscripers can relate and help with, but I hope it will work... I am trying to use TC (4th gen) as a wireless airport, and the setup worked fine. By YouSee you need to activate your connection (IP adress) the first time. Fine, I did on my MBP! Now, the problems started when we opened the second MacBook. We had to activate a new IP adress... and my first IP adress was no longer working... In fact, this means that we can currently only have ONE MBP online at a time, and no Ipods/iPads etc as they need activation on the network as well.... I called Apple and they asked me to change settings to "Share a public IP adress" - however that did not work at all. No connection what so ever! Back to bridge-mode as was the default setting. I tried various setups: DSL cable modem->TC->MBP and DSL cable modem->Switch->TC->MBP... same result: Only one computer/device online at a time. Yousee (ISP) says it's an Apple issue and cannot help... However, in a thread somewhere I read that the issue may be that the IP Adress should really go to the TC and NOT the wireless devices. If I can somehow get my ISP to "lock" or register the MAC adress of my TC as the "Overall" IP Adress of my connection, it may work... Any experience, anyone?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:09 AM   #2
mulo
macrumors 68020

Send a message via MSN to mulo
registrer din TC's mac adresse, og ikke din MBP's
hvis du ringer til YouSee burde de kunne se dens mac adresse og registrere den så den altid er online.
det var sådan det hang sammen for mig dengang jeg havde stofa.
mulo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:21 AM   #3
the7th1
macrumors newbie

Hej igen - det er også det jeg efterhånden er kommet frem til... Men hvor finder jeg TC'ens MAC adresse? Det er nemlig ikke sikkert at de er villige til at finde den for mig... :-(
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:27 AM   #4
maril1111
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7th1 View Post
Hej igen - det er også det jeg efterhånden er kommet frem til... Men hvor finder jeg TC'ens MAC adresse? Det er nemlig ikke sikkert at de er villige til at finde den for mig... :-(
Hey, I live in Denmark as well,

In order to find the Mac address you go to:

Open AirPort Utility - Click Manual Setup

The next page is a summary of settings.

The Ethernet ID is the MAC address of the Time Capsule.

Hope I could help, I am not sure how it is with yousee as I have the TDC erherv internet however don't you have a modem which is plugged into a usuually yellow socket in the wall and than a cable from the modem to the Time Capsule? Also have you checked customer service if everything is right with your connection?
maril1111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:45 AM   #5
the7th1
macrumors newbie

Yes, everything is allright with the connection. They have traced my DSL Cable modem and found its MAC address. They even found "some Apple equipment" they said.... This could be either one of our MBP's or the TC. I'll try to have them register the Ethernet ID number from my TC as always online, and see if this works.... Maybe I should try some TDC Erhverv, as they may be more flexible with regards to more IP adresses on a connection...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:18 AM   #6
mulo
macrumors 68020

Send a message via MSN to mulo
Quote:
TDC Erhverv
Waoo.dk
mulo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:59 AM   #7
maril1111
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Yes, everything is allright with the connection. They have traced my DSL Cable modem and found its MAC address. They even found "some Apple equipment" they said.... This could be either one of our MBP's or the TC. I'll try to have them register the Ethernet ID number from my TC as always online, and see if this works.... Maybe I should try some TDC Erhverv, as they may be more flexible with regards to more IP adresses on a connection...
Its not only flexibility but bandwidth limit e.g. we have 5 macs at home and a couple of ipods so bandwidth usage goes into 40gb+ a day, however speed will never be slowed down as it is perfectly acceptable on a business connection. Also support is nicer and faster, if you are really dependant on your internet, theirs a VIP package where a technician comes out the next day (something rare for denmark )

Quote:
Waoo.dk
Mulo do you have any experience with them? Are they reliable?
maril1111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:21 AM   #8
hwojtek
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Dear friends! This is propably an issue which only Danish subscripers can relate and help with, but I hope it will work..?
This is just very common to providers to fix the connection to a single MAC-address only. Just use the routers (TC's in this case) MAC address to register and you are ok to go.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Tags
connection activation, time capsule, yousee, yousee activation