Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sergio77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
I have no idea what's going on but it's starting to get very frustrating. This just started happenning today. Anytime I open a file that contains audio AND video my system studders for a second and then quits the application immediately.

This is happenning when I try and watch any type of MPEG or play a game with Audio and Video. .MOV files will play the video but with no audio?!?!

I'm really confused. Someone please help.

<S>

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Sergio77 said:
I have no idea what's going on but it's starting to get very frustrating. This just started happenning today. Anytime I open a file that contains audio AND video my system studders for a second and then quits the application immediately.
Sounds like your System or more specifically QuickTime is corrupted. I think you can install QuickTime separately (you'll have to find it on Apple's web site), so try that first. If that doesn't work you may have to reinstall OS X, which is a drag but might be the only way. Another remote possibility is a permissions problem; try running Repair Permissions on your startup drive in Disk Utility.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.