Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:20 AM   #1
dnelms
macrumors regular

MetaX type program for TV series?

Using Windows 7, so can't use a Mac Program. )Would love a Mac emulator so I could have a dual boot setup )

I know that Meta X works great for movies and can be used for TV series, just not as well as some other Mac based programs I have read about. Does anyone know of a good Windows program that would allow me to do the same thing, just geared toward TV series?

Here is my setup.
Bedroom - Roku (orginal) running Plex
Living Room - Apple TV 2 and a Roku 2
Den - Roku XDS (running Plex)

I 'm trying to get everything that I can see on the Roku (local content), on the ATV2 and have the metadata the same.

Plex does a great job of scanning my folders for the TV shows and attaching series and episodes metadata. However, that same info can't transfer to the ATV since the metadata in Plex is wriiten to a file, not the MP4 file.
I know I can do this all my hand within iTunes, and I'll do what I can with MetaX if I can't find anything else, the fill in the blanks by hand.
dnelms is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:00 AM   #2
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Sorry, but not trying to be rude or anything, but wouldn't you have better luck on a PC based forum instead of a Mac based one?
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:08 AM   #3
dnelms
macrumors regular

Well given that I came here because I bought a Apple TV 2 a couple of weeks ago AND someone on here suggested MetaX because I had a Windows setup, I figured this was a good place to ask again.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:40 PM   #4
WesCole
macrumors 6502a

I never had any real luck using W7 software to get the tagging process done...I remember there was a program similar to MetaX called MetaZ I *think*.

However, I figured a way to run Snow Leopard in a VM on Windows so I could use iFlicks. It is, by far, the best tagging software I have tried.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:03 PM   #5
slothrob
macrumors 6502

I use MetaX for TV shows on the PC.
Why doesn't it work for you?
slothrob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:27 AM   #6
dnelms
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothrob View Post
I use MetaX for TV shows on the PC.
Why doesn't it work for you?
I will work to a certain degree. I have found that it does not get all the needed info about episodes. I'm at work and not able to see exactly which fields I've had trouble getting info for. I am correct in that you can not added user agents such as tvdb to scrape info, correct?

I'm was just looking for something that would keep me from having to add more info once moved to iTunes so it will show all needed info on the ATV2.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:17 AM   #7
slothrob
macrumors 6502

I see. I think my requirements are simply less.
slothrob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:15 PM   #8
ZBB
macrumors newbie

Try Identify2

I used metax for quite a while,but Identify 2 far surpasses it. It does great for both movies and tv shows... One trick with tv shows with it is that you need to ID the season and episode numbers and it will pull all the info in...
ZBB is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:47 AM   #9
tbayrgs
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
Try Identify2

I used metax for quite a while,but Identify 2 far surpasses it. It does great for both movies and tv shows... One trick with tv shows with it is that you need to ID the season and episode numbers and it will pull all the info in...
iDentify2 is only for OS X and as the OP states, he's using Windows 7.
tbayrgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:21 AM   #10
theSeb
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbayrgs View Post
iDentify2 is only for OS X and as the OP states, he's using Windows 7.
The OP needs to get Mac OS then. Simple.
theSeb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:51 AM   #11
dnelms
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSeb View Post
The OP needs to get Mac OS then. Simple.
I'll be more than happy to send you my address so that you can send the check that will make up the difference between the PC and Mac. I would love to have a Mac, but the $$$$ make that impossible.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater