Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1
ekegler
macrumors newbie

Handbrake 9.5 Blu Ray

So I recently got a brand new macbook pro with an i7 processor, with lion and downloaded the 64 bit version of Handbrake my encodes are now flying. However, all of my blu ray encodes are unwatchable. They jump from frame to frame and are very pixelated when they work. SD files encode fine and really fast. I succesfully encoded 20-30 blu ray files on my older macbook with 9.4 it just took 8-10 hours for each one. So I downlaid the old 9.4 version on my macbook pro and the Blu Ray files encode fine but they take a little longer than on 9.5. Am I missing a setting or is 9.5 still a little buggy?
ekegler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2
peterjcat
macrumors 6502

9.5 is fine, though the recent nightly builds are better for Blu-ray, but you haven't provided any information that might help anyone diagnose your problem (e.g. Handbrake encoding logs, MediaInfo on the resulting file).
peterjcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:03 PM   #3
roidy
macrumors 6502a

While Handbrake 0.9.5 is the last stable built it's very old now, get the latest nightly version from https://build.handbrake.fr/ and see if thats any better, there have been a lot of improvements since 0.9.5.
roidy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater