Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rc.square24

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
So today I wanted to get an iTunes card from Walmart so I could redeem it on my phone for Apps/Games/Music/Movies/Whatever.

When I asked for them the guy wanted to know if I want it for music/games or if I want it for Apps? If I remember correctly the last time I bought an iTunes card it allowed me to buy anything with it on my account.

I looked at the Apps card and the iTunes card and it mentioned Games/Music on one and Apps on the other, I thought games are considered apps as well so I was confused, and didn't see the point in splitting them since I'm just buying credit anyways.

So is he right or can I just get one gift card for everything instead of an iTunes Card and an App Store Card?

This is in Canada if it matters at all.

Thanks.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
iTunes, App Store, and iBooks cards are all the same. Just different pictures and names. You can buy anything from any of the stores using any cards.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Yeah, they are all the same.

You can use an iBooks gift card to buy music on iTunes. Its basically a store credit nonetheless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.