Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Utkal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
I have installed viber sucessfully but every tym i try to make a. Call it displays that internet connection reqd but im already connected plz help

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I have installed viber sucessfully but every tym i try to make a. Call it displays that internet connection reqd but im already connected plz help

Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

1. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?
2. What country are you located in? which cellular network?

chenoch

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
question regaring the installation

i have downloaded viber and started to install it on my iphone3gs, there´s a pop up that tells me it needs to access my phonebook i hit ok, the another popo up comes up with an error message...i´m lost, i have reinstalled it a few times and nothing.....it doesn´t send me the code to enter to activate...help please mr. viber

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
i have downloaded viber and started to install it on my iphone3gs, there´s a pop up that tells me it needs to access my phonebook i hit ok, the another popo up comes up with an error message...i´m lost, i have reinstalled it a few times and nothing.....it doesn´t send me the code to enter to activate...help please mr. viber

What does the error message say exactly?
Also - what country are you located in? Which cellular network?

vibering

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
help

Can anyone help me with this? I downloaded viber on my HTC desire and it works fine, but when my husband tried to get it from his phone (sony erricsson xperia i10) he cannot even find it on the android market, and when he tried to download it from computer message says that his phone is not compatible. Also, I tried to send him the application wia bluetooth, but it cannot be done. help please

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Can anyone help me with this? I downloaded viber on my HTC desire and it works fine, but when my husband tried to get it from his phone (sony erricsson xperia i10) he cannot even find it on the android market, and when he tried to download it from computer message says that his phone is not compatible. Also, I tried to send him the application wia bluetooth, but it cannot be done. help please

Hi,
We haven't gotten special complaints from our users on Xperia - as far as we know it works just fine.
Please make sure he reboots his device and tries again to find it on Market (scroll all the way down when searching for "Viber").

If the problem persists, I suggest you contact Market administrators and try to see if they can help you.

jb53082

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
viber problem

HI! Can sb help me? It's SO important to me.

Me and my girlfriend used to use Viber for iPhone successfully here in Poland. We love this app we've cut our phone bills so much!
However, she moved to Glasgow some time ago and I stayed in Poland. We can still txt each other easily, BUT when I call her Viber or she calls mine, we hear each other for some seconds and then our talk occurs to be over. At first the network quality is good, then, rapidly, it becomes poor.
Could sb help us? Is this an issue of some settings or sth?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
HI! Can sb help me? It's SO important to me.

Me and my girlfriend used to use Viber for iPhone successfully here in Poland. We love this app we've cut our phone bills so much!
However, she moved to Glasgow some time ago and I stayed in Poland. We can still txt each other easily, BUT when I call her Viber or she calls mine, we hear each other for some seconds and then our talk occurs to be over. At first the network quality is good, then, rapidly, it becomes poor.
Could sb help us? Is this an issue of some settings or sth?

Hi,
The fact that your girlfriend moved to Glasgow shouldn't affect on the quality of the call. What might have happened is that either of you is now using a bad quality connection, and that's naturally not letting Viber utilize its full potential.

Please try the following:
1. both of you - please try to use Viber when connected to different WiFi networks. This will help identifying the source of the problem.
2. Please make sure that both sides have the latest version of Viber installed.

Does either of the solutions help?

jb53082

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Yes we just have downloaded the latest version of Viber. This afternoon we're going to try it on different wifis. Thank you for your help, i'll report our results here. :)

TheProudDonkey

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
Viber not making calls

Hi everyone
Since yesterday Viber is refusing to connect.

I have it installed in 4 different Devices iPad, iPhone and iPod since about a year and it was working properly until yesterday when I tried to call, it is only giving me the chance to send msgs.

Each device is running the updated version and they are registered with 4 different numbers, I tried calling using my neighbor's Internet Provider and it does the same, only msgs but no calls.

I called several of my contacts to ask them about it and they do have the same problem.

Could it be a bug of the latest version?

Thanks for your time

The Proud Donkey

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi everyone
Since yesterday Viber is refusing to connect.

I have it installed in 4 different Devices iPad, iPhone and iPod since about a year and it was working properly until yesterday when I tried to call, it is only giving me the chance to send msgs.

Each device is running the updated version and they are registered with 4 different numbers, I tried calling using my neighbor's Internet Provider and it does the same, only msgs but no calls.

I called several of my contacts to ask them about it and they do have the same problem.

Could it be a bug of the latest version?

Thanks for your time

The Proud Donkey

Hi,
There is no known broad problems with the service, so we are wondering why all 4 devices don't work, and your contacts' Viber as well.

Please try to reboot and try again. If it doesn't work, try uninstalling Viber on one of the devices, then reinstall. Is the problem the same?

mattjurd

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Viber loses messages and favourites

Hi,

Hopefully Viber will read this and be able to help.

Using Viber 2.1.2.157 on an iPhone4 with 5.0.1 with both 3G and wifi.

Viber keeps losing all my info such as my messages and favourites. This happens every time I turn my iPhone off or if I close the Viber app. This seemed to start when I either upgraded the iPhone iOS to 5 or when the new version of Viber came out, not sure which one exactly.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi,

Hopefully Viber will read this and be able to help.

Using Viber 2.1.2.157 on an iPhone4 with 5.0.1 with both 3G and wifi.

Viber keeps losing all my info such as my messages and favourites. This happens every time I turn my iPhone off or if I close the Viber app. This seemed to start when I either upgraded the iPhone iOS to 5 or when the new version of Viber came out, not sure which one exactly.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi,
This issue is known to us, and we've actually already fixed it. The fix is included in our upcoming version 2.1.3 that should be available in AppStore within the next week or so (stay tuned for updates).

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience :(

Clarehaines

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
No Internet connection?

Hi there I wonder if u can help me...

I installed viber on my iphone4 months ago and until now have not had any issues with it. I use it mainly to call my mum in Spain. This morning, although connected to wifi at home, full Internet connection established by logging onto safari and searching web pages from my iPhone, yet viber was popping up a display message telling me I needed an Internet connection to make a viber call, I turned my wifi connection off and tried again using 3G, however, again with an established Internet connection, the same message appeared?! I logged into the apple store to see if I needed to update the app but it seems I have the most up to date, current version.

What should I do please?
Thank u for ur time,

Clare Haines

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi there I wonder if u can help me...

I installed viber on my iphone4 months ago and until now have not had any issues with it. I use it mainly to call my mum in Spain. This morning, although connected to wifi at home, full Internet connection established by logging onto safari and searching web pages from my iPhone, yet viber was popping up a display message telling me I needed an Internet connection to make a viber call, I turned my wifi connection off and tried again using 3G, however, again with an established Internet connection, the same message appeared?! I logged into the apple store to see if I needed to update the app but it seems I have the most up to date, current version.

What should I do please?
Thank u for ur time,

Clare Haines

Hi,
We had temporary problem with our servers yesterday, but right now everything should be back to normal.
Please reboot phones on both sides, and test Viber again. If the problem persists, please let me know.

gul

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011
viber installation problem

hi, i have installed viber on iphone using wi-fi, but after registering my phone number, i was sent a code. when i put tht code in, it gives error message tht 'An internet connection is required to set up viber' im sure tht my wi fi is working perfectly as i have tried accessing it thru my blackberry n even safari from iphone... wonder whats getting wrong...

any suggestions!!!!!!!!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hi, i have installed viber on iphone using wi-fi, but after registering my phone number, i was sent a code. when i put tht code in, it gives error message tht 'An internet connection is required to set up viber' im sure tht my wi fi is working perfectly as i have tried accessing it thru my blackberry n even safari from iphone... wonder whats getting wrong...

any suggestions!!!!!!!!

Hi,
1. What country are you located in?
2. Have you tried using Viber on different WiFi networks? Is it the same on all of them?
3. Is your Router running a Firewall? (blocking ports)

gul

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011
viber

Hi,
1. What country are you located in?
2. Have you tried using Viber on different WiFi networks? Is it the same on all of them?
3. Is your Router running a Firewall? (blocking ports)

Hi,
I am from UK, and i didnt try with any other wi - fi net work but i tired acessing internet on iphone using wi- fi and it was working absolutely fine... n answer to last question is ''no'' my router is not having any firewall... by d way after trying it few times, i swtiched of my phone n thn switched on... n surprisingly ..... it dddnt give tht internet error message at alll :):D so i m happily using it now :) hope wont get any problem ahead.....

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
We're also glad it works now :)

Should you encounter any more problems, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

moboto

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2011
Hi there ..

I'm using viber in Iphone 4 and it was working perfect but today when i tried to make call it's saying " An internet Connection is Required " .. later i removed it .. rebooted my Device downloaded and installed again and when trying to register ( Wifi ) gave error " an internet connection is Required " and its working perfectly.. but with 3G connection it's saying " Registration is unavailable and please try again in 1 hour ...

Note : i tried with VPN and without VPN .. am staying In UAE ... so any kind of help please?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi there ..

I'm using viber in Iphone 4 and it was working perfect but today when i tried to make call it's saying " An internet Connection is Required " .. later i removed it .. rebooted my Device downloaded and installed again and when trying to register ( Wifi ) gave error " an internet connection is Required " and its working perfectly.. but with 3G connection it's saying " Registration is unavailable and please try again in 1 hour ...

Note : i tried with VPN and without VPN .. am staying In UAE ... so any kind of help please?

Hi,

The UAE decided to block Viber, this is why you are getting the error. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it :(
Try contacting Etisalat (or the authorities) and ask for the reason for this block.

jlw34

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
Viber stopped working

On Tuesday evening my Viber logged me out, I have been using it for over a year now and rely on the service to contact alot of friends abroad.
It is now asking for mobile no and to enter pin. However everytime I enter the pin it says incorrect pin. Please help, I have tryed deleting and reinstalling.:confused:

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
On Tuesday evening my Viber logged me out, I have been using it for over a year now and rely on the service to contact alot of friends abroad.
It is now asking for mobile no and to enter pin. However everytime I enter the pin it says incorrect pin. Please help, I have tryed deleting and reinstalling.:confused:

What iPhone exactly are you using? Which version of iOS?

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at http://support.viber.com and give them the details of the problem.

louisusm

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2011
Viber Text Msg Issue

When I wake up in the mornings I usually have a missed viber call or viber text msg from an overseas friend who is not in my contacts. When I unlock my iphone the missed call does not appear in the call logs and the text message does not appear in the viber text msg inbox. So if I don't read the txt or make note of the number prior to unloacking the phone all the info is lost. Is there any way to stop this from happening or even recover the info I have already lost.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
When I wake up in the mornings I usually have a missed viber call or viber text msg from an overseas friend who is not in my contacts. When I unlock my iphone the missed call does not appear in the call logs and the text message does not appear in the viber text msg inbox. So if I don't read the txt or make note of the number prior to unloacking the phone all the info is lost. Is there any way to stop this from happening or even recover the info I have already lost.

Hi,
This is a known issue to us (we've received this complaint from some users). We are trying to get to the bottom of it, and would like to ask you for your help reporting the problem.

Please report this issue to our support team at http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 so we could hopefully replicate the problem and fix it soon.

Thanks in advance :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.