Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1
JAdmiral
macrumors newbie

Yahoo IMAP keep spinning, other doesn't

I have two yahoo accounts, one is a yahoo.com prefix, one is ymail.com. I set up both on Mail (OSX Lion). They both have the same IMAP settings, ports, SSL, everything. My ymail one works fine. And while the yahoo.com one works fine, too, the "checking mail" icon spins and spins constantly.

How can I resolve this? Now, to be honest, my yahoo email does have a lot more mail in it, but the accounts have fully synced up. I've even tried deleting the yahoo account off of Mail and reloaded it. Same result.

Thanks in advance for your help.
JAdmiral is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:29 AM   #2
tonfisk
macrumors member

Same here. I happily found this morning that yahoo!mail is now supported in Lion. I set it up without a problem and have been able to received emails and to send emails, too. Just that Mail keeps spinning on the Yahoo mail account, as if it is trying to check the status all the time. I have no idea how to get rid of it. it is not a big issue for my imac, but I guess it consumes unnecessary power from my macbook. Any solutions?
tonfisk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Portocac
macrumors newbie

Me too!

First time poster and just got my new MacBook Air 11' last week. Loving it so far!

But I too am seeing this spinner just never going away. Going to try some different settings tonight to see if it helps/fixes this. But I'm seeing terrible battery performance and I'm blaming it on this...
Portocac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:43 PM   #4
BullittMustang
macrumors 6502

I too am having this problem. Has anyone found a resolution?
Thanks
BullittMustang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:25 AM   #5
jonpais
macrumors newbie

spinning driving me mad!

I bought a MacBook Pro last month and Yahoo! has been nothing but a headache. Gmail account has worked just fine. Now I'm getting the spinning too, but I seem to be receiving my mail now at least. Not sure about sending, I've been having trouble with that recently. I'm concerned about it wearing down the battery as well.
jonpais is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store