Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:23 AM   #1
WannaApple?
macrumors 6502a

Why does my ATV2 continually lose connection?

I recently started using my ATV2 more regularly since ditching cable, but since then, I've also noticed that my box loses connection to my Macbook quite regularly. Just a few examples:

1) I'll be watching a movie (through Plex from my Macbook) and it will stall and start buffering forever. If I exit out of the movie, all of a sudden none of my folders will show under the Plex header

2) Sometimes I'll start my ATV2 and my computer will be found under the Computers heading and sometimes it's not. Sometimes I will sit there and watch it locate my library, only to disappear in front of my eyes a bit later

Plex actually seems to be the biggest problem and there are plenty of times Plex cannot find my computer at all.

All my computers and ATV2 are connected to my wireless network and a scan of the network in settings always shows it being connected. Both home sharing on my computer and library sharing in itunes are both on.

I have seen other posts on the internet about people complaining, but no solution was ever found. Does anyone here have any ideas or how to troubleshoot?
WannaApple? is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater