Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:25 PM   #1
UncleSimit
macrumors newbie

ATV2 'error occurred loading this content'

I've been having problems streaming some HD TV shows I remuxed (or whatever you call it) recently to stream my Apple TV2. Anytime I try to stream them from my MBP I get the message ' error occurred loading this content', yet I'm able to stream any other HD content without problem.

To rule out it being a problem with my library, I've tried playing it through my friends Apple TV 2 and it works fine.

To check whether it's my Apple TV I brought my ATV to my friends and hooked it up to his TV and it worked fine.

To rule out whether it's my network I changed my router and guess what....still doesn't work.

Not sure what to do or try now/next...
UncleSimit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:26 PM   #2
UncleSimit
macrumors newbie

Solved!

Strange one but I've tried and tested it with some new stuff I've put through Subler.

It's an issue of some sort with AC-3 audio. Once I went into preferences on Subler and selected convert ac3 to aac I was able to play/stream the file without problem.

Just something to note for anyone else.
UncleSimit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:34 PM   #3
blueroom
macrumors 603

The ATV2 needs the first audio track to be AAC, the second can be AC3. You can even pile on a directors commentary on a tertiary track.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:51 PM   #4
ebernet
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
The ATV2 needs the first audio track to be AAC, the second can be AC3. You can even pile on a directors commentary on a tertiary track.
I had the same issue with the latest update. I set the audio out to be Dolby digital rather than auto, and the problem went away. My assumption is they are trying to prevent damage to speakers attached to a device that does not support Dolby. Videos with AAC only tracks continue to play properly. Hope that helps!
ebernet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater