Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:43 AM   #1
raffadizzle
macrumors newbie

iOS 5 beta 5 stuck in setup loop

Hello

I installed iOS 5 beta 5 onto my iPhone 4 today. After everything installed, i got to the iPhone setup. After i entered everything, I tap the button that says "Use your iPhone" (or whatever), and then the springboard loads for about half a second, and then my phone automatically reboots and I get sent to the setup screen again. If i try using a back-up from iTunes (version 10.5 Beta 5), it tells me that my version of iOS 5 has expired. I'm confused because beta 5 isn't supposed to expire until September. Does anyone have any idea how to get out of that setup loop?? I hear beta 6 is coming out in a couple days but I'm poor and need to still use my iphone to call and such.

I upgraded my iPhone from 4.3.5. and my UDID is registered with a developer account.

Help is MUCH appreciated. Couldn't find a thread like this after googling for over an hour.

I'm just worried that my phone is somehow irreversibly screwed up, especially since I just got it, but I figure since my phone had never been jailbroken and I didn't try to hack iOS 5 or anything that there's still hope.
raffadizzle is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:25 AM   #2
tluckenbaugh
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue on an iPad 2. Upgraded from 4.3.2 to iOS 5 beta 5, and now stuck in setup loop.
tluckenbaugh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:27 AM   #3
jonrando
macrumors 6502a

Edit.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting