Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Jefferyd32
macrumors regular

External HD Itunes: Movies Only

I just began ripping all my DVD's. Eventually I will have a mac mini always on to connect the HD too, but for now I need to advice on how to move my movies to an external drive.

I am using a 2009 Mac Book Pro, along with a TC and ATV2. I just purchased a 3TB western digital HD to where I want to store my movies only from my iTunes library. I would like to keep my music on my MBP, but movies I want on the external. I have heard that it is possible to hook the external to my TC where then my MBP will pick it up via wifi. This sounds ideal, but my TC never really works great and doesn't seem to always back up, so I am skeptical about attempting this setup. I need advice on how to move and set up files so iTunes recognizes the movies and then the best option to connect the HD when I go to stream the movies to my ATV2. If I must plug the HD in each time I watch a movie that is fine as it is just temporary and I hope to get a mini in the next couple months.
Jefferyd32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater