Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bloubul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Hi

I was wondering whether someone may be able to help me. I am developing a Tab Bar Application, which utilizes the UIImagePickerController (full screen) with a subview overlayed using the CameraOverlayView method. On the subview I have a HUD with two custom buttons which the user can adjust.

What I am having problems with is actually moving to another view when the user presses a button (subview) which I added to the overlayview, initially attached the UIImagePickerController. What is the correct method to use to load one of my other NIBS from the subview?

I am not looking for a hand-out just some direction and assistance. I am more than willing to do any research necessary. Any assistance will be appreciated.:eek:

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Do you actually want to load another XIB, add another subview?
If you want to load another XIB, you need to notify your camera that it's done, and should remove itself, then you can load a XIB on top of your viewController, or push another controller.

I don't know exactly what the goal is, you say, you want to move to another view after the person hits a button.
If you can't acces your super layer (I haven't worked with camera yet).
Then post a NSNotification name, @"closeCamera", listen in your class to that notifcation, if it get's it, close the camera, and show a view.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
You show new view controllers in the usual way. pushViewController:animated: presentModalViewController:.

If at all possible I recommend that you make the camera view go away and then show your new view controller. There are various bugs and problems with showing new view controllers on top of the camera view, although it can be made to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.