Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 16, 2011, 01:38 AM   #1
bdfhjlnprtvxz14
macrumors newbie

when usb or hard drive plug in,icon doenst show on desktop

i just updated to mac lion os and after that, everytime i plug in my usb or hard drive, the icon doesnt show up on my dekstop anymore and when i looked at my finder, it was there and can be accessed thru the sidebar, but i find this rather troublesome since i have to open finder all the time and i just want it to pop out on my dektop everytime i plug it in. how can i have it appear on my dekstop again ? thankss
bdfhjlnprtvxz14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Zyber
macrumors newbie

Open up finder and once open click on the finder icon next to the apple icon at the top of the bar. Then click on preferences and you will see "Show these items on the desktop" heading. I would suggest you click on both "external disks" and "CDs, DVDs, and iPods".

Have a great one! Zyber out!
Zyber is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3
whosayzwhat
macrumors newbie

usb mount problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyber View Post
Open up finder and once open click on the finder icon next to the apple icon at the top of the bar. Then click on preferences and you will see "Show these items on the desktop" heading. I would suggest you click on both "external disks" and "CDs, DVDs, and iPods".

Have a great one! Zyber out!
Hi guys !

I have been across numerous websites, just browsing by chance to find a solution to this problem after reloading Lion....and Zyber, your name should be Zuper !
Simple and so.... obvious answer when you know about it.

Tx again, you saved me long hours at the Beijing Apple shop Genius bar (cool folks there by the way)
whosayzwhat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help