Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kcmo

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Guys/Gals,

Is there a way to transfer/move photos between albums on the iPad 2?

It's such a pain to get the photos from my Blackberry Bold onto my iPad 2...have to hook up my phone to my old and unreliable laptop to copy them over....then have to sync my iPad 2 to iTunes on my laptop. Sounds simple but the whole process usually takes about 20min at least since my phone is old and so is my laptop and one usually misses a beat.

Anyway, I know that I can just email photos to myself on my iPad 2 and save them to my album from there, but when I select 'save', the photo automatically is saved to a 'camera roll' album. I'd like to be able to move these to specific albums I have on my iPad 2, but I can't see a way to do this.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
No, you're not missing anything. This is something that will be fixed in iOS 5 as you can create albums right on the iPad.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Although I can't confirm if it will let you move it to another album. I honestly don't see why they wouldn't.

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
looks like there is the option to add a photo from one album to a new album. Can't see a simple "move to". But is still only beta so may be in the pipeline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.