Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Jefferyd32
macrumors regular

New Mini!

I just got a great deal on a 2010 mac mini! Can't wait to get it set up as my media server. Any tips on transferring files from my MBP. My setup will be the Mini as a server, with an external HD with my iTunes library on it, streaming to my ATV2, along with a TC in there somewhere.
Jefferyd32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:52 AM   #2
EvilC5
macrumors 6502a

I have a 2010 Mini server, and I set up an itunes account with no privileges since its running all the time.

as far as setup for the library, I used to keep my library on a 3tb external, and use the internal drives for staging prior to handbrake and metaX before they got transfered to the external.

be careful with the server patches, I updated one that totally messed up the login accounts and had to reformat the HD1 and start over, luckily I was able to install osx server on the HD2, and access all of the files on the main drive before it was wiped and I didnt lose anything.

its a great setup, you will be happy with it im sure.
iPhone 4, 4s, and 5.....the ihome!
EvilC5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater