Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
MacMall has a funny way of definining in stock. I ordered a 17" iMac from them Saturday with two-day shipping. I just tracked the shipment and it's in Anchorage. Sounds like a direct from the Apple factory order to me. How does MacMall get away with charging for RAM installation labor when they never touch the machine? And how is my computer going to clear customs and get from Anchorage to Chicago in time? Doesn't it have to go through Memphis first?

By the way, I got all excited when FedEx arrived this morning with a package from MacMall ... turned out it was just the AppleCare warranty box. D'Oh!!!

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Re: MacMall's "in stock" 17" iMacs

Originally posted by chicagdan
And how is my computer going to clear customs and get from Anchorage to Chicago in time?

Clear customs?!? In case you didn't realize, Anchorage is in Alaska. Alaska is on of the 50 United States. So, it won't have to go through customs. It will fly from Anchorage to the Fed Ex sorting facility in Chicago, and then to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.