Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
Referencing This Thread it appears someone has found a way to give more power to allow the Camera connection kit to work as it did under 4.2.
Hi,
I have found the place where the power is limited in kernel code. I have patched it and verified it works now. You can connect all devices the same way it was before 4.2 firmware. The patched version of kernelcache for 4.2.1 firmware is available at br0x.pl/kernel_usb_power.img But you should know what you are doing while running it. You should not replace the kernelcache at ipad filesystem! You should use a tool like redsn0w, pwnagetool or xpwn to run this kernel tethered. If you don't know how to do it, you should rather wait till comex will integrate my patch with jailbreak utility. Then simply jailbreaking will patch the kernel and make it tethered.

Regards,
br0x
and also from br0x
I have talked to @comex and he has already created a patched version of jailbreakme.com .. We are still testing it though, so please be patient. I will let you know as soon as it will get released.
- Edit this last post was dated 8/3 for clarification
I'm excited!

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
technically speaking in regard to this forum, there's already a thread discussing the CCK and a possible upcoming fix:

was there a fix for the camera connection

Ahh. I figured there was but couldn't find it and when I stumbled across br0x's posts I figured why not put it out there. Seems odd it's not a bigger deal considering it was when it first happened. You'd think more people would be wanting a fix.

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Ahh. I figured there was but couldn't find it and when I stumbled across br0x's posts I figured why not put it out there. Seems odd it's not a bigger deal considering it was when it first happened. You'd think more people would be wanting a fix.

I think people have simply adapted.... :)

I'd wager if a fix did come out there would be a flurry of discussion. But until it does, most are just in casual waiting mode.

----------

What kind of things can attach to the CCK with a fix?

the same things that can be attached without a fix...the only difference is that with the fix those things work.

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
32gb thumb drive would be so nice.3g just isn't enough to properly stream on the go

It'd also bring my iPad up to full computer replacement being able to sideload files without having them emailed to me or having to deal with attachment requirements. DocsToGo and JumpDesktop for RDPing have filled a lot of the gaps, but sometimes I could just use a USB port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.