Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Underhill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Ever since I installed Lion on my Macbook Pro, the icon on my applications folder (on the dock) is now the icon for the Contacts folder sitting over of a Folder. I installed Lion on my Mac Mini however this is not the case there. I tried removing the applications icon from my Macbook Pro and then putting it back but it still looks the same. I will try and add a pic of this... Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 3.32.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 3.32.47 PM.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 3.33.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 3.33.10 PM.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,808

pbrooks

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Right-click (or two-finger click with the trackpad) on your Applications folder icon in your dock. You will get a pop-up menu that gives you the option of Display as Folder or Display as Stack. Choose Display as Folder.

Mr. Underhill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Right-click (or two-finger click with the trackpad) on your Applications folder icon in your dock. You will get a pop-up menu that gives you the option of Display as Folder or Display as Stack. Choose Display as Folder.

Wow. That was way to easy. Thanks for your prompt reply. This was the first Lion issue that I have been able to solve in less than a few days. Thank you once again.

pbrooks

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
The 'stack' concept is a feature that showed up a few year ago with a major OS X revision (was it Leopard or SL?). I found it to be silly and disabled it and have never once thought of it again until your post. Sounds like a lot of the new Lion features that people keep complaining about with an "End-of-Days" tone in other threads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.