Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patriots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
I have a iphone 3g on 4.2.1. For some reason yesterday when I click on ANY podcast title it no longer lists the available episodes for me to download. All it shows is the "user reviews" and "more from user" there is no longer a list of episodes. this has never happened and it is EVERY podcast in itunes on my phone.

thank you

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Need more information... are you trying to download directly on iPhone using iTunes app or are you using iTunes software on your computer and then trying to download?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
First off, don't create too many posts unless you want to get kicked out. Mods here don't have a life :p

Have you tried to restart iPhone? Sometimes the app itself gets a bug so restarting fixes it. Try that and post results.
Is it only this podcast or others as well? Maybe this one is down for some reason.

Post results and I'll try to help.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Strange issue OP. Not sure what to tell you that others haven't.

Is it only this podcast or others as well? Maybe this one is down for some reason.
It's not down. Just now from my phone:

photoaug2055051pm.png

patriots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Restarted....nothing. It is still the same. And it is EVERY podcast. Really strange....confused

digger44

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2011

Yes, I'm having the same exact problem.... started yesterday. Nothing has changed! VERY frustrating.

At least now I know its not only me. Iphone 3g also firmware 4.2.1

Maybe we have to upgrade to latest firmware.
EDIT... scratch that... 4.2.1 IS the latest firmware.

Must be something Apple did that's affecting this hardware on this firmware.

Last edited:

patriots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Yes, I'm having the same exact problem.... started yesterday. Nothing has changed! VERY frustrating.

At least now I know its not only me. Iphone 3g also firmware 4.2.1

Maybe we have to upgrade to latest firmware.
EDIT... scratch that... 4.2.1 IS the latest firmware.

Must be something Apple did that's affecting this hardware on this firmware.

It start on the 19th. Wonder why, must me our old phones lol

patriots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
I just called apple that said it's a problem with the 3G. Should be fixed in a 48 hours. We will see....

skiphunt

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2002
Same-Same

I have the exact same problem. Tried hard restart. I also have an iphone 4 but kept my 3g specifically as a music and podcast player. Just started a couple days ago. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.