Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:46 PM   #1
mgsnat75
macrumors member

os x lion theme for leopard on g5

hi, i picked up a really dirt cheap powermac g5 yesterday and i know i can't go past leopard. i was wondering if there any os x lion skins or themes that i can apply over leopard to get the look and feel of lion.
mgsnat75 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Nameci
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to Nameci Send a message via Yahoo to Nameci Send a message via Skype™ to Nameci
Skins? Themes? I don't know, I never thought about it. Leopard is still a good looking OS in terms of GUI. You can tweak colors on your menubar and your dock. You can dl Lion wall paper as well if you like, but you will not get the real experience of using Lion.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:44 PM   #3
AQUADock
macrumors 65816

Yes there is, i have a Lion theme that i ported from SL i can give it to you but you will have to wait until Tuesday. It looks something like this.
AQUADock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:08 PM   #4
MAC MAN JW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsnat75 View Post
hi, i picked up a really dirt cheap powermac g5 yesterday and i know i can't go past leopard. i was wondering if there any os x lion skins or themes that i can apply over leopard to get the look and feel of lion.
If you just put the Lion desktop wallpaper on leopard no one will not know it is not Lion. Leopard is very close in look to lion i love the 3D look
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:14 PM   #5
zen.state
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC MAN JW View Post
If you just put the Lion desktop wallpaper on leopard no one will not know it is not Lion. Leopard is very close in look to lion i love the 3D look
I am going to have to disagree 100% here. I could easily tell the difference and there are many non-similarities in the interface. It sounds like you have never seen what Lion looks like.
zen.state is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:25 PM   #6
MAC MAN JW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen.state View Post
I am going to have to disagree 100% here. I could easily tell the difference and there are many non-similarities in the interface. It sounds like you have never seen what Lion looks like.

Leopard Looks Very Close to me (atlest the desktop) menus i do not know i only played with lion at the apple store so i do not "use it" on my mac because i only have PPC macs only thing that is a giveaway to me is the app store icon but you can put a icon of that on the dock of Leopard

Lion DeskTop:

Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:31 PM   #7
zen.state
Banned

You really see the difference in the finder windows or any window for that matter. The 3 window buttons in the top left are noticeably smaller and the buttons are all square.

The sidebar in the finder in particular is a whole different world pretty much in Lion as are the thin dak scroll bars. I know as I dual boot SL and Lion on my MacBook.

BTW.. you need to learn how to resize an image so it doesn't dominate the page it's on like this one is.

Last edited by zen.state; Aug 20, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
zen.state is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 03:51 PM   #8
MAC MAN JW
macrumors 6502

BTW.. you need to learn how to resize an image so it doesn't dominate the page it's on like this one is.[/QUOTE]

sorry,I know i got this photo off a web link next time i will save and down size the photo. or is there a way to do it in the macrumors forums?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:29 PM   #9
SuperJudge
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC MAN JW View Post
sorry,I know i got this photo off a web link next time i will save and down size the photo. or is there a way to do it in the macrumors forums?
Use [TIMG] instead of [IMG]. Please!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:22 AM   #10
mgsnat75
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUADock View Post
Yes there is, i have a Lion theme that i ported from SL i can give it to you but you will have to wait until Tuesday. It looks something like this.
yea if you could show me a link or something that will be great. i just want the look. this g5 is meant for only internet, office and iTunes and iPhoto. not much else.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:51 AM   #11
adcx64
macrumors 65816

I can't help but feel that the purpose of this thread was was to promote AQUADock's product. Someone comes along who could be AQUADock on another account asking for a Lion theme for Leopard, and then AQUADock (who I personally never seen on here before) has a solution, an upcoming product of his......

Anyone else find it a little sketchy?

Last edited by adcx64; Aug 21, 2011 at 03:56 AM.
adcx64 is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:17 AM   #12
AQUADock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsnat75 View Post
yea if you could show me a link or something that will be great. i just want the look. this g5 is meant for only internet, office and iTunes and iPhoto. not much else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adcx64 View Post
I can't help but feel that the purpose of this thread was was to promote AQUADock's product. Someone comes along who could be AQUADock on another account asking for a Lion theme for Leopard, and then AQUADock (who I personally never seen on here before) has a solution, an upcoming product of his......

Anyone else find it a little sketchy?
Are you serious, I didn't make this theme it was originally made for Snow Leopard by someone else and i ported it over to Leopard but i don't have it with me right now on the the computer im using so you will have to wait until Tuesday when im back at home. Here is the original person who made it with the original theme, you can download it now but its for Snow Leopard and wont work on Leopard.
AQUADock is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:42 AM   #13
vohdoun
macrumors 65816

Quote:
i ported it over to Leopard but i don't have it with me right now on the the computer im using so you will have to wait until Tuesday when im back at home.
Can't wait. I need a fresh look for Leopard on PPC. The huge scrollbars are starting to bug me knowing Lion is in the other room.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:49 PM   #14
mgsnat75
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohdoun View Post
Can't wait. I need a fresh look for Leopard on PPC. The huge scrollbars are starting to bug me knowing Lion is in the other room.
same here, especially since my mbp with lion is literally on next to me. thanks AQUADock for taking the time to put it up for us.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:08 AM   #15
AQUADock
macrumors 65816

Here is the theme i tested it on my powerbook and it works i will be posting an update on this later. There is a read me file containing the locations of where the files need to be replaced.
AQUADock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:47 AM   #16
mgsnat75
macrumors member

Quote:
Here is the theme i tested it on my powerbook and it works i will be posting an update on this later. There is a read me file containing the locations of where the files need to be replaced.
i followed your readme exactly and replaced the files but the theme doesnt change. what did i do wrong?
also i just noticed the extras2 file is missing on your download
Old Dec 3, 2011, 05:43 PM   #17
powerbookg42001
macrumors newbie

Smile I would like to have this theme as well please

Quote:
hi i have a powerbook g4 from late 2001 running OS X 10.5.8 and i would really like to have this theme please. If you could please write me a reply back to jdbell2013@yahoo.co.uk
powerbookg42001 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:02 PM   #18
urbanrave
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Thanks man.... works nice on my PowerBook G4 1.5 only thing that i have notice is the tabs in safari.. they dont look as nice as before, the tabs dont have same colour as the other things in safari...
urbanrave is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs