Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Mcclure
macrumors member

Looking for a form app that can export to Access/Excel

I work for a school that is looking to have a quick form that administrators can fill out on iPads. They want to have the teachers name in a drop down (about 30-40 teachers, this is needed to remove any chance of spelling errors) along with having date/time. Then there will be 40 or so "best practices" that they will check if teachers are using them. They would like this to just be a box that is clicked if a teacher is using a teaching strategy. This would then need to be exportable as a .csv or some other format that would easily import into Excel or Access. Even better would be that they could do 10-20 evaluations and then export them as one large file. Basically the file would look like:

John Smith,10Sept2011,1,,,1,,,,,,,1,,,,1,,,1,1,,,

The blank comma separation would be for the strategies that the teacher wasn't using.

I saw FormConnect, but I don't know that it would export into Excel or Access well.

Any ideas of something that would work well for something like this?

Last edited by Mcclure; Aug 20, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: clarify title
Mcclure is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:22 AM   #2
pruppert
macrumors 6502

You might be able to do this with the Bento app or the Filemaker app. They at least would support the form aspect you want. Not sure if they'll export to excel or access but they would sync with the respective Bento/Filemaker desktop apps.
pruppert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:24 PM   #3
jaseone
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to jaseone
Doesn't Numbers do forms?

Edit: it does and does it fairly well so I would recommend Numbers
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:12 PM   #4
bluebar
macrumors newbie

I've used FormConnect and exported the data into a csv file and then imported it into Excel.
bluebar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps