Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I would love to use my Apple TV for watching youtube videos, but for some reason not all of my subscriber videos are showing, nor are all of those channels. Why is this? Is it a video issue?

OptyCT

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
I think it might be a licensing issue. I subscribe to a YouTube channel that has a lot of Call of Duty videos. Often, these videos are overlaid by songs from bands like Metallica. A lot of the videos don't show up on my AppleTV. Since you're in the U.K., I think it's even more restrictive than in the U.S.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I think it might be a licensing issue. I subscribe to a YouTube channel that has a lot of Call of Duty videos. Often, these videos are overlaid by songs from bands like Metallica. A lot of the videos don't show up on my AppleTV. Since you're in the U.K., I think it's even more restrictive than in the U.S.

Ah that would make sense, thanks

ykhehra1

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
But I can see all videos from subscription on my other device, just on apple tv that there is no video shown on some of subscriptions!! Is this something to do which channel settings or on apple tv?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.