Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anonymouslives

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
I really need some help with this bricked 3GS. It's stuck on the plug in screen with no option to slide across. I can turn it on and off, it shows the apple logo and then goes directly to the plug into itunes screen.

It is NOT my phone, it belongs to a friend of the family who gave it to my wife, to have me unlock, so it can be used on T-mobile. well, I have tried several programs on the internet, both on my Mac and windows computers and nothing has worked.

I have no idea what they did to it before it was in my hands. I have no previous restore points, I have nothing.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and found a way to fix this type of issue in similar circumstances?

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!

TheiPhoneWiki said:
Error 1015

This error is common when downgrading iPhones and 3G-enabled iPads. The problem occurs when the device's baseband has a higher version number than the baseband in the firmware you restored to. Just set auto-boot true in iRecovery or use iREB/TinyUmbrella/RecBoot.1

Anonymouslives

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Really could use some help on this one. Have tried many things, to no avail.

Someone on here has to have successfully resolved a situation like this.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Create a custom firmware for iOS 4.1 using pwnagetool. Then restore to that.

Apple is still signing 4.1 for the 3GS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.