Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:21 PM   #1
zkyboy
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Please Help! My iPhone 4 won't power on!

iPhone 4, out of warranty coverage, won't power on.

1. It has about 60% battery before it dead, but suddenly it became black screen and not responsive (like powered off).

2. Whatever I did, like "holding the power button and home button together for 10-25 sec and then pressing the power button again" etc. it just won't power on, no Apple logo!

3. But I can seen the "emergancy call" screen when I plugged it with my laptop and it just told me "No Service" at the upper left corner (status bar of iPhone 4).

4. iTunes can see it, but only when it was in Recovery mode or DFU mode.

5. I also tried to restore it to factory settings in iTunes, but it always gives me an error with various error codes, like 2001, 2006, etc. I also tried restore it under Windows or Mac, but was out of luck too!

6. Finally I bought a iPhone 4 battery replacement and replaced the old one with the new one, but nothing changed as if it wasn't replaced its original battery.

7. It keeps rebooting at every 10 min or so when It was plugged into my laptop without any operations (pressing any buttons).

8. It can be "powered on" only when it was plugged into a computer. It will IMMEDIATELY be in "dead mode" as long as I disconnect it from the computer (like taking out a battery from an iPhone that is powered on)!

9. Everything worked fine before it dead, I don't know what happened to it! I am so frustrated!

Please help! Thank you so much!
zkyboy is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:17 AM   #2
macingman
macrumors 68020

Take it into the Apple Store for warranty.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:12 AM   #3
twitt3r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyboy View Post
Please help! Thank you so much!
You tried all that, yet you are seemingly incapable of making the decision to take the phone to an Apple store to either get repaired or replaced? FFS..
twitt3r is offline   -11 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:18 AM   #4
boss.king
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitt3r View Post
You tried all that, yet you are seemingly incapable of making the decision to take the phone to an Apple store to either get repaired or replaced? FFS..
Why do you continue to post here and spread negativity for no reason? Also, why is it that yours are they only posts that aren't rated down, no matter how poor they are?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:42 AM   #5
twitt3r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss.king View Post
Why do you continue to post here and spread negativity for no reason? Also, why is it that yours are they only posts that aren't rated down, no matter how poor they are?
My posts tell things how they are, not what I think everybody else wants to hear. I guess people appreciate the honesty
twitt3r is offline   -13 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:33 AM   #6
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
My posts tell things how they are, not what I think everybody else wants to hear. I guess people appreciate the honesty
No it's not honesty. You seem to take pleasure in spreading negativity and annoying people. Someone came here needing advice, perhaps they didn't know about warranty, believe it or not some people don't know how Apple warranty works. Plus the OP may not be near an Apple Store.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:35 AM   #7
twitt3r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macingman View Post
No it's not honesty. You seem to take pleasure in spreading negativity and annoying people. Someone came here needing advice, perhaps they didn't know about warranty, believe it or not some people don't know how Apple warranty works. Plus the OP may not be near an Apple Store.
Yes, I take great pleasure in making people see the real view of themselves.
twitt3r is offline   -6 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:44 AM   #8
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yes, I take great pleasure in making people see the real view of themselves.
People don't need your help seeing "the real view of themselves". Your not that great. I see you've been given a time-out, and to be honest I haven't seen a more well deserved one in a while.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:15 AM   #9
tirk
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by macingman View Post
Plus the OP may not be near an Apple Store.
Indeed - there are over 190 countries without a (physical) Apple Store.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone