Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:25 PM   #1
londy1215
macrumors newbie

I want to cascade or connect my linksys 54G router to my airport express

Hey everyone,

I don't post very often but when i do, i seem to get great success. If you could please help me out, i would greatly appreciate it.

My roommates and I have a airport Express router and want to be able to connect or "cascade" our linksys 54G router to it so we can connect other devices to the linksys router. I have searched all over and have only really found how a airport express can be the extended router.

If you can, please give me detailed instructions on how I can do this. Thank you!
londy1215 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:47 PM   #2
bmcgonag
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Skype™ to bmcgonag
You'll want to put DD-WRT firmware on your router. I highly suggest you go to their site and read carefully the instructions on how to do it and the risks involved.

Make sure you have everything you need before you get started. Depending on the version of the 54G it ranges from as easy as uploading a .bin file and telling the router to use it, to full out hacking the router.

Once DD-WRT is on, they have great instructions on making the 54 G into a Repeater or Repeater Bridge.
bmcgonag is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
airport express, cascade, linking routers, linksys 54g