Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:58 AM   #1
vinum0908
macrumors newbie

How to Unlock ATT iPhone 4 for use with Tmobile SIM card?

I have an iPhone 4 with ATT that I want to unlock to use with TMobile. The phone is running 4.3.5 and isn't jailbroken. How do I go about doing this? I tried searching, but all the results I saw seemed to involve a gevey sim, which I don't have.

I just want to use a regular TMobile microsim (on EDGE of course) with Tmobile. Any tips?
vinum0908 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:06 AM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Only available option is the gevey turbo sim.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:08 AM   #3
vinum0908
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Only available option is the gevey turbo sim.
Why does T-Mobile sell microsim cards if they don't work though?
vinum0908 is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:10 AM   #4
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinum0908 View Post
I have an iPhone 4 with ATT that I want to unlock to use with TMobile. The phone is running 4.3.5 and isn't jailbroken. How do I go about doing this? I tried searching, but all the results I saw seemed to involve a gevey sim, which I don't have.

I just want to use a regular TMobile microsim (on EDGE of course) with Tmobile. Any tips?
You going to have to buy a gevey sim. And don't update software whatever you do.

----------

Quote:
They don't (I think), I think you need to cut the mini-sim down to microsim size, which is a very easy process (done it multiple times).

I could be wrong someone correct me if I am please.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:10 AM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
They work on unlocked iphone 4's.
If the one you have is locked to AT&T then it wont accept any other carriers sim.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:59 AM   #6
gngan
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Because there are factory unlock iphones out there? lol
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:27 AM   #7
hackthatphone
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngan View Post
Because there are factory unlock iphones out there? lol
There are also many people who are smart / patient enough to learn how to update their iphone 4 correctly so that it remains unlocked (not factory unlocked).

Just because you 4.3.5 doesn't mean you can't unlock the baseband. You haven't told us the most important part: what modem firmware version do you have?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:58 PM   #8
gngan
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackthatphone View Post
There are also many people who are smart / patient enough to learn how to update their iphone 4 correctly so that it remains unlocked (not factory unlocked).

Just because you 4.3.5 doesn't mean you can't unlock the baseband. You haven't told us the most important part: what modem firmware version do you have?
Yeah. You are right. It seems to me that he doesn't know there's factory unlock iphone. It's like T-mobile is selling micro sim card and should be able to use it with locked iphone. So does that means if a convenient store sells condom then you can have sex in there?

By the way, he has an iphone 4 with 4.3.5 and it isn't JB. I don't think he knew how to preserve the BB. Gevey is the only option.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:17 PM   #9
fireshot91
macrumors 601

IF your iPhone isn't able to be software unlocked, you have to get teh GeveySIM.

That isn't a SIM card, but rather an adapter for a SIM card.

You use your T-Mobile microSIM card, put it in the GeveySIM, and then put that into the iPhone4.

Guys, I think the OP thought that they GeveySIM was another company's SIM card, and therefore would require porting the number to that SIM card and you wouldn't use T-Mobile's own SIM card.
fireshot91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:48 AM   #10
justic
macrumors newbie

i use to see iTiim SIM work for unlock iPhone 4 that is also work for original SIM trays .
justic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks