Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:29 AM   #1
agentphish
macrumors 65816
 
agentphish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Extract wallpaper from iPhone Backups?

I have a custom background I made, it took me a very long time and I'd prefer not to lose it forever as I need to restore my phone and set it up as a new device. I seem to have lost the original PSD file forever. Can not locate it for the life of me.

Is there ANY way I can extract it from my iPhone or a backup of my iPhone.

I found in the backup file after using iPhone Backup Extractor that there was a couple of files that corresponded to the background images for the lock screen and the home screen, but they were in some crazy format that I couldn't open. .cpbitmap was the file type. tried changing the file extension to no avail.
__________________
agentphish is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:11 AM   #2
saving107
macrumors 603
 
saving107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Could you not email it to yourself?

Thumb resize. Thumb resize.
__________________
Instagram
YouTube

Last edited by saving107; Aug 24, 2011 at 02:18 AM.
saving107 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:10 AM   #3
agentphish
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
agentphish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
I guess i neglected to mention the picture is not in my camera roll any longer.

So no, I can not email it to myself.
__________________
agentphish is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:38 AM   #4
saving107
macrumors 603
 
saving107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentphish View Post
I guess i neglected to mention the picture is not in my camera roll any longer.

So no, I can not email it to myself.
Where is it located?
__________________
Instagram
YouTube
saving107 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:57 AM   #5
heisenberg123
macrumors 603
 
heisenberg123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by saving107 View Post
Where is it located?
sounds like he assigned it to his wallpaper then deleted it from camera roll and from his computer, silly thing to do to a file thats so important
heisenberg123 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentphish View Post
I have a custom background I made, it took me a very long time and I'd prefer not to lose it forever as I need to restore my phone and set it up as a new device. I seem to have lost the original PSD file forever. Can not locate it for the life of me.

Is there ANY way I can extract it from my iPhone or a backup of my iPhone.

I found in the backup file after using iPhone Backup Extractor that there was a couple of files that corresponded to the background images for the lock screen and the home screen, but they were in some crazy format that I couldn't open. .cpbitmap was the file type. tried changing the file extension to no avail.
Take a screenshot of an empty page then edit to remove the excess. Inconvenient, but without the original file or image (weird) or jailbreaking it seems to be a viable option.
Interstella5555 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:37 PM   #7
agentphish
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
agentphish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
Take a screenshot of an empty page then edit to remove the excess. Inconvenient, but without the original file or image (weird) or jailbreaking it seems to be a viable option.
Someone with a worthwhile suggestion. Thank you.

Quote:
sounds like he assigned it to his wallpaper then deleted it from camera roll and from his computer, silly thing to do to a file thats so important
Yes, silly, but accidental none the less. I can not remember for the life of me where the original file is. Nor can I find it in any email I sent to myself, which is how I usually put new backgrounds on my phone.

I have my lock screen one I made the same day, but not the home screen one which is strange.
__________________
agentphish is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:59 AM   #8
Fofer
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentphish View Post
but they were in some crazy format that I couldn't open. .cpbitmap was the file type. tried changing the file extension to no avail.
Bumping this old thread because I was in a similar boat. I found this great online tool to convert those .cpbitmap files into JPG or PNG! Worked great for me...

http://cpbitmap.cleverbyte.com.au/


More info here: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...CPBitmap-files
Fofer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 03:04 AM   #9
SanjeevRana
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Exact copy paste from the other thread (this one's 2 YR OLD) ... u spamming dude ?!?
__________________
*** iOS Dev since 2011 ***
*** Android ROM Dev at XDA-DEV since 2009 ***
iPhone 5 White 64G
2 x iPhone4S 64G iPad2 64GB Black iPad3 32GB White
SanjeevRana is offline   2 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How best to extract iPhone data? sparkie7 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 5 Sep 24, 2013 12:53 PM
iPhone Extract URL from XML enclosure newtoiphonesdk iPhone/iPad Programming 1 Jul 14, 2012 05:06 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC