Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
I have a custom background I made, it took me a very long time and I'd prefer not to lose it forever as I need to restore my phone and set it up as a new device. I seem to have lost the original PSD file forever. Can not locate it for the life of me.

Is there ANY way I can extract it from my iPhone or a backup of my iPhone.

I found in the backup file after using iPhone Backup Extractor that there was a couple of files that corresponded to the background images for the lock screen and the home screen, but they were in some crazy format that I couldn't open. .cpbitmap was the file type. tried changing the file extension to no avail.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Could you not email it to yourself?

img0221.png
img0222y.png

Last edited:

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
I guess i neglected to mention the picture is not in my camera roll any longer.

So no, I can not email it to myself. :(

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I have a custom background I made, it took me a very long time and I'd prefer not to lose it forever as I need to restore my phone and set it up as a new device. I seem to have lost the original PSD file forever. Can not locate it for the life of me.

Is there ANY way I can extract it from my iPhone or a backup of my iPhone.

I found in the backup file after using iPhone Backup Extractor that there was a couple of files that corresponded to the background images for the lock screen and the home screen, but they were in some crazy format that I couldn't open. .cpbitmap was the file type. tried changing the file extension to no avail.

Take a screenshot of an empty page then edit to remove the excess. Inconvenient, but without the original file or image (weird) or jailbreaking it seems to be a viable option.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Take a screenshot of an empty page then edit to remove the excess. Inconvenient, but without the original file or image (weird) or jailbreaking it seems to be a viable option.

Someone with a worthwhile suggestion. Thank you.

sounds like he assigned it to his wallpaper then deleted it from camera roll and from his computer, silly thing to do to a file thats so important

Yes, silly, but accidental none the less. I can not remember for the life of me where the original file is. Nor can I find it in any email I sent to myself, which is how I usually put new backgrounds on my phone.

I have my lock screen one I made the same day, but not the home screen one which is strange.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.