Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Ok so I am looking to buy a used iPod classic which will sit in my dock which is attached to an apple component cable. Currently this setup works with my iPod touch and both my parents iPhones. A lot of people are complaining (on amazon at least) that there iPod classics are not working with the cable. Could anyone tell me which ones would work. Note I have the newer version of the cable, the one without the USB adapter.
I am looking to buy an 80gb iPod Video 5.5gen
or the 6 gen 80gb
trying to decide which one I should get.
Suggestions?

EDIT:::: IT IS A COMPOSITE CABLE, NOT THE COMPONENT CABLE, MY BAD

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Ok so I am looking to buy a used iPod classic which will sit in my dock which is attached to an apple component cable. Currently this setup works with my iPod touch and both my parents iPhones. A lot of people are complaining (on amazon at least) that there iPod classics are not working with the cable. Could anyone tell me which ones would work. Note I have the newer version of the cable, the one without the USB adapter.
I am looking to buy an 80gb iPod Video 5.5gen
or the 6 gen 80gb
trying to decide which one I should get.
Suggestions?

EDIT:::: IT IS A COMPOSITE CABLE, NOT THE COMPONENT CABLE, MY BAD

If it works with your iPod Touch it'll work with any of the classics, In 2007 they changed the video out components and made some sort of DRM chip so only "authorized" iPod accessories work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.